Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hooray! Internet at Home!

Ok! After far too long, I've finally got internet back at home, thanks to Fernando at Verizon (can you hear the drums?). Which means I'll be able to actually post an update. I have much to tell! Pictures of my new wigs (thanks guys!) & a party at the-hostess-with-the-mostess (Candy)'s house last Saturday will be forthcoming. At some point. Btw, if you ever get a chance to go to Candy's house for a party - do it! She puts out an awesome spread. Thanks, Candy! So quick update: chemo #2 was last Thursday & I'm tired. Yesterday was a bad day. I did a lot of staring at my computer screen, uncomprehending. Bleah. I feel a bit better today, but still tired.

In the meantime, here's my dad mocking my condition.


I guess you could say I deserve it, given all the hours we rotten kids devoted to making fun of his receding hairline, but I don't choose to see it that way. I can't believe I beat both my brothers and my dad to baldness (although I still have some stubble).

And here's the bros modeling my new hair. I bet you never suspected I was related to like Billy Ray Cyrus' back-woods cousin.


Sorry, guys, it had to be done!

And, last but not least, here's my niece, looking like an entirely different person - so weird! It's amazing what a difference a highlight & flat-iron job can make!


And the amazing part is that's the same wig! Sorry, cranial prosthesis!

No comments: