Monday, January 26, 2009

Long Time, No See!

I realized I haven't been on here in awhile! I've been busy trying to get my pictures organized on Shutterfly. It's sort of organized, and I've set up a whole site (who knew you could do that!) over thar. So far I've posted my pictures from the Liz Needs a Lid party. The first bunch are the entries from the Locks O' Liz contest - many thanks to Seth for working his Photoshopping (er, or whatever photo editing program he uses) magic on my still-behaired-head to make me look like this guy (remember him?). I spent a lot of time putting in smart & witty captions for the photos, and you can't see them when you look at the pictures in slideshow mode. If you click on the first picture, then you can see it & also you can advance to the next picture. Anyways, in case you can't read the captions next to the teeny pictures in the first picture, they are (top to bottom, left side first): "Jah no dread!", "I pity the wool!", "Tried to make me go to chemo, I said no, no, no!", "I'm gonna git you sucka!", Harrycanoe, and Tyler, too!", "Oh! Me so hairy!" The last of those is the winner of the contest for best interpretation - Brooke managed to make me look both skinny (thank you!) and either terroristy or like Abe Lincoln.

The next group of pictures are most of the gifts I got. I have to say, everyone, I am completely overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. All the hats & scarves & wigs! I really have a great group of friends. But I already knew that - this was just confirmation!

And special thanks to Candy for hosting & putting out a fabulous spread! I really really appreciate it. Everything was fantastic - here's to the hostess with the mostess! And here's to many more (non-disease-themed) parties at her awesome pad! Thanks again, Candy, you're the best!

Coming up: Thursday is chemo #3. Wish me luck! I'm still getting my period, apparently. How annoying! That was one of the things I was looking forward to. The other thing was that I was sort of hoping to lose my appetite - at least a little bit! Ah well, I guess be careful what you wish for!

No comments: