Monday, January 05, 2009

Woah, 2009 Already?!?

I've been meaning to write another post (God knows I had enough time with the back-to-back 4-day weekends I had), but somehow I just didn't. Well, that's a lie. I wrote one on my computer at home, but I still don't have internet there, and I didn't get around to going to the library to upload it. So here's a quickie post, during my lunch break & before my 2nd chemo on Thursday. I was tired for awhile, then I had a painful mouth for awhile (like I'd been eating really crusty bread - no actual canker sores, but a little torn-up feeling), then I had crazy heartburn for a few days. Now I feel almost back to normal, but now I'm starting to lose my hair. Not the hair on my head, surprisingly enough, but, uh, below the equator. Also under my arms. It's pretty gross. It'll be nice when all of that is gone (completely - who wants to be patchy? Anywhere on their body?), but that means that I'm coming to the end of the road head-hair-wise. Siiiiigh. I'm not happy about it & I'm trying to squeeze a couple more days out of it. But my scalp is hurting (like when you let down a ponytail after having it up all day), and if I tug at a lock, I get a lot more coming out than normal. So I'm wearing a little cap I made for the time being. I figure a) it's keeping my hair where it should be & b) it helps a little with the hurt, since my hair isn't sitting out there, susceptible to any random breezes. So keep your fingers crossed for me that I can keep it on for a couple more days. I'm not prepared to let it go yet!

No comments: